ITINERARIES OF PAGOS DEL SHERRY
The Salinas and Marismas itinerary connects the urban centre of Trebujena with Doñana Nature Park, the largest ecological reserve in Europe, on a route that runs from the countryside to the salt flats and marshlands located at the entrance to the Nature Park.
The itinerary is of great wine touristic value, running as it does through some of the most characteristic winegrowing landscapes in the region, where examples can be found of the most typical constructions in the Jerez Region, including vineyard houses, farmhouses, roadside ventas… that provide the itinerary with unique beauty and attraction.
Its uniqueness, however, resides in a combination of vineyard landscapes with landscapes of marshlands in the vicinity of the river Guadalquivir that possess exceptional biodiversity. At certain points on the route it is possible to see gatherings of up to 3,000 birds of over 40 different species, making this itinerary a paradise for birdwatching enthusiasts.
A lineal itinerary of just over 28 kilometres that can be completed either on foot or bicycle. Although flat it is graded of medium difficulty due to its length.
|Type of route:
|Estimated hiking time:
|5 h. 40 min.
|Estimated cycle touring time:
|2 h. 2 min.
|Maximum: 88 mts. / Minimum: 0 mts.
|Dehesa, El Duque, Las palomas, Dulce, Alventus
In order to make your itinerary as comfortable as possible and to allow you to enjoy the Pagos del Sherry to the full, here are some recommendations:
- The pleasantly mild climate of the Jerez Region makes it possible to enjoy the destination practically the whole year round. However, in spring and summer it is important to bear in mind the high temperatures of the region. At these times you are recommended to avoid the central hours of the day, when very high temperatures are reached, and to follow the route either early morning or in the evening when temperatures are more pleasurable.
- In spring and summer it is advisable to use sun protection cream and wear a baseball cap, hat or similar as protection from the sun.
- In autumn and winter, and to a lesser extent during spring, it is advisable to bear in mind the possibility of rain and to avoid following the itinerary if these meteorological conditions are forecast.
- Comfortable light clothing is recommended.
- There are no drinking water points available on the route, so it is advisable to take sufficient water to remain hydrated throughout the itinerary.